- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with High Honors
- Furman University B.A., with High Honors
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
Sara A. Sharp
Tenacious and detail-oriented, Sara A. Sharp represents clients in a wide variety of civil litigation and land use matters.She has worked on complex cases involving business torts, insurance disputes, unfair trade practices, employment, and intellectual property. Sara has served as lead trial counsel in a civil negligence matter in which she obtained a directed verdict for her client and successfully defended that verdict on appeal.
With a personal interest in architecture, Sara's practice also includes representation of developers and individuals in land use matters across Connecticut. She can be found working jointly with municipal staff and the consultant team to review regulations and the intended development concept to ensure the client's project can be brought to fruition. Sara's work encompasses retail, commercial, and industrial uses, as well as several last-mile distribution facilities for a variety of end users.
In 2018, Sara was part of a pro bono legal team that represented a same-sex couple in challenging a Virginia statute that denied equal protection to LGBTQ+ couples. The team's effort precipitated an amendment to the state statute.
- New England Legal Awards, New Leaders in the Law
- Connecticut Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- Women’s Business Development Council, Member of its advisory board
- Women in the Law section of the Connecticut Bar Association, Vice Chair