David C. Shufrin represents clients in a broad array of civil matters, including complex business litigation, contract disputes, commercial lease disputes, shareholder disputes, anti-trust litigation, unfair and deceptive trade practices, employment litigation, and consumer class actions.
Mr. Shufrin received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and Finance from Fordham University, where he was named to the Dean's List. He graduated from the University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D., with honors, 2012), where he was a member of the Editorial Board of the Connecticut Law Review and a member of the Moot Court Board. While at law school, Mr. Shufrin was a teaching assistant in Contracts to Professor Kurt Strasser and was a law clerk in the office of the United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut.
Mr. Shufrin is admitted to practice in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. Mr. Shufrin was selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Star List for 2015 and 2016.
- Represented oil distributor in lender liability action against a national bank for damages resulting from improper and premature collection efforts.
- Represented oil wholesaler in action alleging that customer violated an exclusive dealings agreement.
- Represented waste removal business in action alleging a breach of an asset purchase agreement.
Commercial Lease Disputes
- Represented landowner in commercial lease dispute where tenant failed to return premises to condition required by lease.
- Represented landowner in collection of unpaid rent where, after expiration of commercial lease, tenant remained in the property on a month-to-month, hold-over basis.
- Represented landowner in eviction proceeding against commercial tenant.
- Represented minority shareholders of a medical services business in an action alleging that the majority shareholders breached their fiduciary duties to the Corporation.
- Represented majority shareholder of a waste removal business in an action by a minority shareholder alleging that the majority shareholder breached his fiduciary duties to the
Other Complex Litigation and Class Actions
- Represented class of consumers in action alleging corporation fraudulently intercepted their credit card information and used it to make unauthorized charges against their accounts.
- Represented plaintiff in a declaratory judgment action alleging that a contract was invalid based on fraud.
- Represented liquor distributor in anti-trust investigation by the Connecticut Attorney General.
- Represented a large personal injury law firm in an action alleging that a former employee violated his non-disclosure agreement and misappropriated trade secrets.
- Represented manufacturing business in an action before the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO) alleging that employer created a hostile work
environment and terminated former employees based on race.
- Represented of one of the world's largest retailers before the Connecticut Department of Banking with respect to financial services offered by the retailer.
- Represented a regional banking institution in an action to foreclose on commercial real estate.