John W. Knuff represents clients in the areas of real property and land use matters and appears before numerous commissions and agencies throughout the state on behalf of local, regional, and national developers and retailers. Mr. Knuff is also a member of the litigation practice group and has represented clients in bringing and defending administrative appeals in federal and state court.
Mr. Knuff is admitted to the Connecticut bar and the Federal District Court for the District of Connecticut. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association, and its Environmental and Planning & Zoning Law Sections. He is also a member of the Connecticut chapter of American Planning Association and the International Council of Shopping Centers, where he served as the State Alliance Program Co-Chair. He has served on the Fairfield, Connecticut Town Plan and Zoning Commission and the Fairfield Blue Ribbon Planning Task Force. Mr. Knuff is AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell's highest peer recognition for ethical standards and legal ability.
Mr. Knuff graduated magna cum laude from Quinnipiac College School of Law, where he was a member of the Law Review. Mr. Knuff earned his bachelor's degree from John Carroll University and also received a master's degree from Syracuse University. After graduation from law school, Mr. Knuff was a judicial law clerk to the Connecticut Appellate Court, where he was involved with administrative, criminal, and civil appeals.
Significant Land Use Projects:
- An approximately 400,000 square foot expansion of Westfield Corporation's Connecticut Post Mall.
- Mixed use, village concept development in Woodbridge, Connecticut.
- Great River Golf Club and associated residential subdivision.
- Mixed use, new urbanism developments in Fairfield, Connecticut.
- Lifestyle retail center on behalf of DDR in Guilford, Connecticut.
- $40 million upgrade to Westfield Trumbull shopping center.
- Representation of one of the world's largest retailers for new stores and the expansion of existing stores throughout Connecticut.
- Lowe's anchored power center in Milford, Connecticut on behalf of Ceruzzi Holdings LLC.
- Approvals required for the redevelopment of existing fast food restaurants and gasoline station/convenience stores in multiple locations in Connecticut.
- Representation of a Connecticut municipality for a new recreational facility.
- Redevelopment of brownfields and former industrial space in Stamford's South End for residential, commercial and retail uses.
- Mixed use, transit-oriented development adjacent to a major Metro North station.
- Single family and multi-family residential development for sale and rental throughout Connecticut.
- Development and renovation of commercial office space in lower Fairfield County.